Visual computing is an invaluable tool in agriculture: for everything from crop farming and animal husbandry across paludiculture to marine farming.
To digitally drive the further evolution of these practices, our team leverages technologies that include remote exploration, sensors, modeling, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. We continually investigate ways to optimally match new technologies emerging from research to practical applications in need of solutions. Our ultimate aim is to advance the digital revolution in agriculture.
Via scientific and practical collaboration, we ensure effective and profitable integration in existing infrastructure.
- Our focus is on applying visualization and digitalization to agricultural practices with the goal of promoting sustainable, resource-conserving agriculture that also produces fewer emissions.
- Particularly within our region, we are also striving to become an innovation hub for biogenic value creation.
- We operate a network of agricultural practitioners, companies, investors, and scientists (both Fraunhofer staff and externals).
- We are good at supporting ideation processes and developing appropriate business concepts.
- Analysis tools and/or digital decision-making aids based on data can enable farms to operate more efficiently and sustainably.