Fraunhofer IGD invites you to a reception for SIGGRAPH 2018. In the rustic atmosphere of a brewery, Max Limper and Philipp Urban will present their papers, which have been acclaimed by ACM SIGGRAPH. Refreshments will be served.
Wednesday, August 15th, 2018
7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
375 Water St.
BC V6B 5C6
Box Cutter: Atlas Refinement for Efficient Packing via Void Elimination
- Max Limper, Fraunhofer IGD / TU Darmstadt
- Nicholas Vining, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Alle Sheffer, University of British Columbia, Canada
We improve packing efficiency of parameterized 2D chart atlases via cutting-and-repacking operations, producing provably bijective packed atlases that are on average 68 percent more efficient than the frequently non-bijective originals.
3D Printing Spatially Varying Color and Translucency
- Alan Brunton, Can Ates Arikan, and Tejas Madan Tanksale, Fraunhofer IGD
- Philipp Urban, Fraunhofer IGD and Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU
We present an efficient and scalable pipeline for 3D printing full-colored objects with spatially varying translucency from practical and accessible input data.